Welcome to the new (in 2021) home of my music pages. It replaces a site on iinet.net.au which was in use from 2004 until 2020, an eon or two in internet terms. All pages listed here, other than the two exceptions mentioned at the bottom of the page, are now on this site.
- Introduction, history and current status
- Sheet music catalogues and ordering
- CD: Music for Reflection details and ordering
Articles about music
- Reviews of books and recordings
- Articles about woodwind instruments and their music
- A list of Malcolm’s other music-related writing with links to some of it.
Recorders and Early Music in Townsville 1990 – 2020
This material is primarily historical in nature, since none of the performing groups have been active since 2010.
- Calliope and Blue Moon (a youth recorder group and an adult group with a jazz focus)
- The Telemann Ensemble (baroque chamber ensemble)
- Photos from two music festivals – Steps in Time (Armidale, January 2005) and the Elizabethan Fair (Townsville, May 2005)
- Malcolm as musician and teacher: a short CV
- Recorder and Early Music links – Recorder and Early Music societies around Australia, with a few related links.
The remnants of the old site
- The primary source of Noise Exposure of Music Teachers is on the Music in Australia Knowledge Base, https://www.musicinaustralia.org.au/noise-exposure-of-music-teachers/, but there have been broken-link problems on that site so I have left the slightly older version on my iinet site as a backup.
- The NQRS is still active and its current website is the best point of contact. The archive merely preserves some older material which was not transferred to the new site in 2013.